TikTok has changed how audiences consume entertainment
Ask any TikTok user and they’ll tell you, the platform’s content has a powerful ability to draw them in and keep their attention for minutes on end. Audiences love TikTok because it gives them the type of content they enjoy: quick, punchy bits of user-created content that is equally informative as it is entertaining.
TikTok has quickly become an entertainment powerhouse:
- 1 billion monthly active users
- 90% of users access it on a daily basis
So, how does TikTok work?
TikTok is a social media platform driven by user-created, short-form content. Users bring their creativity and ingenuity to the platform by producing content, commenting on videos, and sharing the latest TikTok happenings on social media and beyond. In just a few years, it’s hooked users and become one of the most popular social media platforms.
So what makes TikTok so engaging? Their algorithm presents a perfectly curated “for-you-page” (FYP) for all of their users. When a user opens the TikTok feed for the very first time, they’re asked to select their interests. After that, every time they open the app they’re welcomed with content that’s suited for their unique interests. Are they an amateur chef? They’ll find content showcasing new recipes and restaurants. Someone with a penchant for sports? Their feed is likely filled with highlight reels and funny moments on the field.
It’s no wonder that the app has industry-high engagement rates:
- Users spend 52 minutes a day on the app, on average
- 94% of users, after watching a TikTok, will take an action like sharing or liking the video
- 46% of users engage with the app’s content without other distractions
Reach new clients by putting your business’s TikTok to work
Consumers' expectations around brand and business engagement are rapidly changing. While consumers once expected brands to only connect with them during a brief ad, now consumers want brands that are willing to connect outside of the traditional consumer-business transactional relationship.
And TikTok is a great way to do so because it attracts audiences with unique characteristics that differ from traditional channels:
- Casual videos that encourage users’ creativity and personalities to shine through
- Looped, short-form content that has been found to lift users’ moods
- A strong digital community that promotes interaction amongst followers
For businesses that are looking to attract new customers and forge strong relationships, leveraging TikTok should be top of mind.
Create dynamic content that hooks audiences
Consumers are looking for content from brands that is fun, engaging, and informative – which happens to be the perfect description for what TikTok offers. By creating and sharing this type of content, businesses can engage their audience and find new audiences in a whole new way.
Here are a few content ideas to get you started:
- A Day in the Life: A series that follows your employees during a day of work and allows them to show off their vibrant personalities.
- Q&A: Use your page to increase customer engagement and satisfaction by answering customer questions.
- We’ve Got What You Need: A showcase of your business’ products, services, and promotions. TikTok is a great place to highlight your promotions.
- Why You Should Work at…: Attract great talent by posting recruitment videos that feature your employees and inform users about where they can find an application.
Drive sales with your content
Whether by showcasing promotions and products through content or using TikTok’s features suited for businesses, a TikTok profile can become a way to drive sales from a new audience.
Are you a dermatologist that sells your practices’ favorite products online? A restaurant with some great merch? TikTok may just be the answer to selling products.
Link your storefront on TikTok so you can turn engaging content into growing sales.
Elevate your space by giving audiences what they want
Play TikTok on your screens
Why stop at just making content for TikTok, when it can be played on the TV screens in your business too? Atmosphere offers a channel that is all TikTok all the time. We’re the leading streaming platform for businesses bringing short-form video content to venues across the nation.
Leverage digital signage to go the extra mile
In between the engaging, short bursts of content, businesses can take control of their space with digital signage. With Atmosphere’s Digital Signage Manager, businesses can fill commercial breaks with their own important business updates, promotions, and hiring information. Consider the benefits of digital signage:
- 80% of businesses see a growth in sales
- 46% increase in customer satisfaction
- 32.8% growth in return customers
Plus, it’s less cost-prohibitive and more engaging than traditional print marketing materials. It’s a win-win for customers and owners alike.
Between producing TikTok content, playing Atmosphere’s TikTok channel on TV screens, and filling the commercial breaks with custom digital signage, businesses can engage audiences differently, drive sales, and elevate their space. It’s a no-brainer – together, we’re leading the entertainment revolution.
Interested in learning more about Atmosphere’s TikTok Channel? Check it out at https://atmosphere.tv/channels/tiktok.